This Sweet Rub is perfect on everything from grilled chicken breasts to pork ribs. While being considered a sweet rub, it does have a hint of spice.
- 1/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Coarse Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika hot or mild, depending on preference
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients.
- Stir well to combine and store in an airtight container. (The spice mix will last in your cupboard for up to a month)
- To use: Lightly pat the mixture onto your meat. You can also apply a light coating of oil or mustard (you will not taste the mustard once cooked) before you apply to the meat to help the mixture adhere.