When you are grilling fish on your gas grill, 10 minutes at LOW per inch of thickness is a great rule of thumb. When the fish flakes easily with a fork, it is done.
SOME FISH HANDLING AND COOKING TIPS:
- Fish should be brushed with melted butter or oil before placed on the grill. Brush well with more butter or oil several times while it is cooking. Turn once.
- Avoid over handling fish during grilling. Cooked fish is delicate and will flake easily. Turn once.
- With smaller fish or filets, a grid or wire basket makes turning your fish on the grill easier. Coat your grid or basket with a non-stick spray for easier handling.
- To grill frozen fish, partially defrost it before cooking it as you normally would.
- Another way to grill fish is in foil packets. Add lemon juice, white wine, or smoked paprika for more flavor.