- 2 lb of ground chuck roast
- 4 oz of crumbled and softened Bleu Cheese
- 4 burger buns or 8 pieces of thick bread
- 8 tomato slices from large tomatoes
- 4 red onion slices
- salt and coarse black pepper to taste
- 8 strips of cooked bacon
Form ground chuck roast into eight, thin, 4-inch diameter patties. Place softened Bleu Cheese on top of four patties and cover with another patty. Seal edges of patty with hand.
Place burgers on a hot grill and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness is achieved. Grill buns or bread slices on top rack until lightly toasted. When ready to serve, place each burger on a toasted bun or bread slice. Top with tomato and onion slices and enjoy. Top with two slices of cooked bacon.