- Meat Thermometer
- Meat Injection Syringe
- Heavy-Duty Aluminum Foil
- Wood Chips or Chunks for smoking
- Cling Wrap
Injection Marinade Ingredients
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 8-10 pound bone-in pork shoulder roast (aka Boston butt)
Injection Marinade Instructions
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Using a meat injection syringe, inject the mixture into several different spots in the pork meat.
- After injecting the meat with the marinade, generously coat pork with your favorite BBQ Pork Rub (we used KC Butt Spice BBQ Rub) and cover with cling wrap overnight.
- Smoking pork can take between 8-12 hours. You will need a meat thermometer when smoking your pork.
- Preheat grill to 230˚ making sure that your wood chips/chunks have started to smoke.
- When internal temperature of meat hits 165˚, wrap meat in heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Once meat reaches 200˚, remove from grill and place in a cooler for at least 30 minutes
- Pork should be tender and easily pulled apart